As you prepare for your visit to Sidney Regional Medical Center, we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you. Our knowledgeable, friendly staff is here to kick off your experience with SRMC by providing you with exceptional customer service and positivity that will exceed your expectations.
While you are here, we want you and your family to feel comfortable and confident about your experience. Please be sure to ask any questions you have at any time during your registration or visit to SRMC.
If you are currently scheduled for services with SRMC, you can pre-register online, click here.
Will my insurance cover the procedure?
Because insurance coverage varies, it is a good idea to check with your insurance carrier.
Insurance In Network with SRMC
In-network refers to providers or healthcare facilities that are part of a health plan’s network. This means the provider/healthcare facility has a contract with that insurance company and have negotiated rates for services and providers.
If SRMC is not in network with the patient’s health plan, the patient may receive a bill for the services received. It is always best to call the insurance prior to receiving services to verify if SRMC and the provider are in network. Below is a list of in-network insurance companies with SRMC:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Cigna (processing through Midlands)
- First Health (processing through Coventry Health of Nebraska)
- Medicaid - Total Care Medicaid
- Medicaid - UHC Community Plan
- Medicaid - Wellcare
- Midlands Choice
- Multi-Plan (Please contact your insurance company to verify your policy processes all service through Multi-plan)
- United Healthcare
- VA (Authorization is required for hospital visits prior to or within 72 hours of the visit. Contact 888.795-0773 to speak with a VA representative
Where should I go?
Parking is located on the South side of the hospital near the main entrance. Enter SRMC through the main hospital entrance. Our admissions staff is available 7am - 5pm to check you in and direct you to your service location. In case of an emergency, please enter through the Emergency Room entrance on the east side of the main hospital.
What should I bring?
It is important that you bring the following.
- Photo ID, such as a driver's license.
- Current medication list.
- Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid card (insurance cards will be verified at every visit).
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) to pay for co-pays and applicable deductibles or co-insurance.
Wellness Exams, School & Athletic Physicals
Wellness and annual exams
Please be advised that preventative visits are limited according to insurance company guidelines. Problem based issues cannot be discussed at a wellness/annual visit.
At a wellness/annual visit the insurance company pays for the provider to assess the patient’s health and for certain screenings for any undiagnosed issues. If the patient discusses any prior or current ailments, the visit may no longer be considered a wellness/annual. It will then be coded and billed as an office visit and any applicable co-pays, deductible or co-insurance will be due from the patient. If the patient has other ailments needing to be discussed or the patient becomes ill prior to this wellness/annual, a separate visit will be required.
SRMC providers are more than happy to review patient issues, but a separate visit must be billed according to standard wellness billing guidelines.
It is important to review the individual policy regarding the insurance company’s preventative schedule as these vary by insurance. For questions concerning insurance coverage contact the company’s human resources department or insurance supplier for more information.
School and athletic physicals
Some insurances will cover an annual wellness visit at no cost to the patient. If the child has not had an annual exam within the last 365 days, this service can be provided as their annual wellness visits as it meets and exceeds the requirements of a school physical. This will ensure the child receives the best care at the lowest cost to the guarantor. Check with the insurance company to verify the plan has wellness coverage before scheduling a visit, as coverage varies by policy.
- Tobacco use is prohibited at all SRMC campuses.
- We provide persons with disabilities, including persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, blind or persons with low vision or who have other sensory or developmental disabilities an equal opportunity to access care and treatment. Please ask if you need assistance.
- We also provide interpreter services at no cost to all patients and their relatives. We make every attempt to provide an in-person interpreter for Spanish and have interpretation of many languages available by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If having surgery or another outpatient procedure, please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. After receiving sedation or general anesthesia, you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.