COVID Vaccination Process & FAQs
DHHS has a registration portal for those interested in receiving the COVID vaccination. Simply click and fill in the blanks to get registered...
Who are we vaccinating?
The Moderna COVID--19 vaccination project has started at SRMC. The first group that were authorized for the vaccination, known as Phase 1a, include frontline healthcare workers, emergency responders, and long-term care facility residents is in process. The CDC has revised its list of priority 'groups' for the next phase of 1b to address those persons ages 75 years and older. If you or someone you know is 75 years of age or older and would like this FREE vaccination, click the link below, for more information visit www.pphd.org.
Current Safety Precautions
Due to the increased number of positive COVID cases in the region, please note the following updated precautionary measures in place at SRMC:
1) All patients are required to check-in at admissions
2) Must wear a mask
3) Answer screening questions
4) One visitor or support person is allowed in the Nursing/Surgery areas per patient each day.
Visiting Hours Monday - Friday 5:00am - 8:00pm
(No visitors are allowed in ER area)
5) Patients and one support person is allowed for clinic visits.
6) If anyone has recently been tested for COVID and awaiting results, they should follow isolation guidelines until
results are confirmed and should not enter any of the SRMC facilities.
7) Vendors, suppliers, and reps should contact SRMC staff for instructions and must be escorted to the specific area.
Please do not enter through the main entrance.
Questions? Please contact SRMC at 308.254.5825. Restrictions are in place and ongoing for the Extended Care (308.254.7303) and Assisted Living facilities (308.254.4801), please call for more information
1) The CDC has a website with great information or you can call 800-232-4636
2) For the most recent numbers from Panhandle Public Health or for questions visit PPHD website or a 24/7 hotline at 308-262-5764
3) Of course in the event that you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you are encouraged to contact your provider. To contact a provider at SRMC: 308-254-5544
4) If you are concerned you may have COVID or have symptoms, go to TestNebraska.com for a FREE assessment and if qualified you will receive a FREE test available at the SRMC Walk-in Clinic (610 Glover Rd, Sidney NE)
With this in mind, the following links (also available on the CDC.gov website) are the most current and helpful tools to decide IF you or someone you know may need to seek medical attention.