As the bridge between rehabilitation and discharge, SRMC employs many different nursing staff, offering medical, surgical, and several additional types of nursing care to ensure a smooth and seamless process back to good health.
Nursing service provides care for patients as ordered by your primary care provider. Services may include dressing changes, catheter care, IV antibiotic administration, injections, etc. These services are scheduled per instructions from your provider. Treatments may be subject to approval from your insurance company. Please call the Director of Nursing to discuss scheduling your Outpatient Care at 308.254.5825.
Our certified infusion nurses have received additional specialty education to provide chemotherapy administration to our oncology patients on an outpatient basis. We also have two Registered Nurses, nationally trained in the insertion of venous catheters for long-term IV access.
Skilled Care and Swing Bed Services
Skilled Care, often referred to as Swing Bed Care is available for patients that no longer need Acute Care, but require IV treatments, Physical Therapy, and/or other qualifying Skilled Care. Medicare has specific requirements for you to qualify for Skilled Care services and several other insurance companies require pre-authorization for Skilled Care services. For additional information about these services, please call 308.254.5825.
At SRMC we value the skill sets that different types of nurses can provide to our patients. Each nurse wears a badge that differentiates what type of nurse he or she is:
- RN: Registered Nurse
- LPN: Licensed Practical Nurse
- CNA: Certified Nursing Assistant
- CRNA: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- CEN: Certified Emergency RN
- CIRN: Certified Infusion RN
- LPN-C: Licensed Practical Nurse-Certified
Members of the SRMC Nursing service that work in the acute care area are required to complete the following courses as designated:
- BLS: Basic Life Support (all nursing service)
- ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (RN/LPN)
- NRP: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (RN/LPN)
- TNCC: Trauma Nursing Care Course (RN)
- PALS: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (RN/LPN)
- Advanced Life Support in C9Obstetrics