SRMC's Current Facility Safety Precaution - COVID
Please note the following safety precautions are effective immediately while at SRMC facilities
1. All patients are required to check-in at admissions.
2. Patients and staff are required to wear a mask to enter. Please have your mask on before entering.
3. Answering screening questions are required for all patients/support person and staff.
4. 1 visitor or support person is allowed in the Clinic/Surgery areas per patient each day.
(2 visitors in Acute Care at a time, ER visitors are determined by provider on a case-by-case basis)
(1 visitor for 1 hour per day in COVID Unit - confirm with nurse prior to entering)
a. Visiting hours Monday - Friday 5:00am - 8:00pm
b. Practice social distancing while in reception and waiting areas. Continue to use proper hand hygiene.
c. Vendors, reps, and suppliers should have an appointment and contact the appropriate SRMC staff for
5. Patients with reoccurring appointments are required to check-in at admissions
and should not go directly to their appointment.
7. If you have recently been tested for COVID and awaiting results, please follow isolation guidelines
and do not enter any facilities until a negative result is confirmed.
If experiencing life-threatening symptoms, call the ER prior to arriving for further instructions.
8. The SRMC Extended Care and Assisted Living facilities have specific guidelines
for more information call Extended Care at 308.254.7303 or Assisted Living at 308.254.4801.
For current regional vaccine details and COVID data, please visit www.PPHD.org
For more information call 308.254.5825. In support of social distancing directives, please ask about phone calls, virtual meetings, telehealth visits in order to stay in touch with your loved one.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!
At Sidney Regional Medical Center, our focus is to only provide resources that are helpful so you can make informed decisions about your health.
If you are concerned that you may have the Coronavirus or COVID-19, please call--do not come directly to the hospital--call your provider (providers at the SRMC Physicians Clinic call (308) 254-5544), the local or state Department of Human and Health Services or dial 911.
COVID Vaccination Process & FAQs
DHHS has a registration portal for those interested in receiving the COVID vaccination. Simply click and fill in the blanks to get registered...
Who are we vaccinating?
The Moderna COVID--19 vaccination project has started at SRMC. The first group that were authorized for the vaccination, known as Phase 1a, include frontline healthcare workers, emergency responders, and long-term care facility residents is in process. The CDC has revised its list of priority 'groups' for the next phase of 1b to address those persons ages 75 years and older. If you or someone you know is 75 years of age or older and would like this FREE vaccination, click the link below, for more information visit www.pphd.org.
1) The CDC has a website with great information or you can call 800-232-4636
2) For the most recent numbers from Panhandle Public Health or for questions visit PPHD website or a 24/7 hotline at 308-262-5764
3) Of course in the event that you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you are encouraged to contact your provider. To contact a provider at SRMC: 308-254-5544
4) If you are concerned you may have COVID or have symptoms, go to TestNebraska.com for a FREE assessment and if qualified you will receive a FREE test available at the SRMC Walk-in Clinic (610 Glover Rd, Sidney NE)
With this in mind, the following links (also available on the CDC.gov website) are the most current and helpful tools to decide IF you or someone you know may need to seek medical attention.
Covid Testing Instructions
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you are encouraged to contact your provider.
To contact a provider at SRMC to schedule an appointment: 308-254-5544
Covid testing available @ SRMC Walk-in clinic 610 Glover Rd. Sidney, NE
- Every Tue & Thur 7a-3p, walk-ins are welcome, no appointment or sign-up necessary.
- Masks are REQUIRED
- Results are available within 24-48 hours.
- Use the Walk-in if you are symptomatic, asymptomatic, or for diagnostic purposes.
- Patients will be charged for testing as self-pay or billed to ins. Contact your ins carrier to check out of pocket/your portion/specific coverage.
Covid Vaccination Registration