The SRMC lab provides outpatient and inpatient services, emergency services, and employer-requested drug collections and alcohol testing. Paternity collections are also available.
SRMC Laboratory Services include the following options:
- Lab screenings and Panels
- DOT and non DOT urine and hair drug collections*
- DOT and non DOT alcohol testing*
- Paternity test collections*
- Comprehensive Lab Test Regime for inpatient and outpatient services
*Available from 8 am - 3 pm by appointment only
Laboratory Hours of Operation for outpatient services:
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 5pm.
- Saturday - Sunday: by appointment only
- After hours: by appointment only
Patients should check in through the Admissions office located on the main level of SRMC. There is no appointment necessary if coming during normal hours of operation. Appointments may be made for times other than these for special tests and circumstances.
To avoid delays, please have the following:
- Your doctor’s order with the diagnosis
- Your insurance card
- Patients should be fasting 12-14 hours for lipid profile testing. If fasting is required we encourage you to drink water to avoid dehydration. (No other beverage is permitted.) Consult your provider in regards to continuing with your current medicines. Diabetics should consult their medical provider before fasting.
Tests Requiring Pre-Authorization: Prior to coming to the lab, please ensure that your insurance does not require a pre-authorization for the test(s) you are having completed. The pre-authorization must be completed by the ordering provider or the lab will not be able to complete the lab draw.
For more information regarding the services provided by the SRMC Laboratory, click here or contact Laboratory Services at 308.254.5825.
New to SRMC is Direct Access Testing. Available every Wednesday, called "Wellness Wednesdays" from 7 am - 5 pm.
What is direct access testing?
- Donating blood is a simple, safe, and easy way to save lives
- The blood that is donated and utilized by SRMC is supplied through West Nebraska Blood Center
- Community blood drives are conducted on a regular basis or you can call 308.630.2477 to schedule an appointment for donations